We provide water market information including allocation announcements, trade zone water restrictions, dam storage levels, weather outlook, industry news and events that have occurred in the water market, helping you to make informed decisions around your water planning needs.
Get these insights along with regional content for your area sent directly to you by signing up to our weekly e-newsletter!
Call us If you wish to discuss how this could impact your water planning needs, on 1800 890 285 or login to your account.
Temporary Water Pricing
Prices are updated every Friday. Login to our online exchange to view live market prices.
|Region/ zone||Temporary price - ML|
|1A VIC Goulburn||$200/ML|
|6 VIC Murray||$335.60/ML|
|7 VIC Murray||$390/ML|
|10 NSW Murray||$330.55/ML|
|11 NSW Murray||$390/ML|
|12 SA Murray||$390/ML|
|13 NSW Murrumbidgee||$300/ML|
Dam Storage Levels
|Dartmouth||3,827,698 ML||1,950,790 ML||51%|
|Eildon||3,250,150 ML||1,567,671 ML||48%|
|Hume||3,036,393 ML||1,194,987 ML||39%|
|Blowering||1,609,859 ML||925,742 ML||58%|
|Burrinjuck||1,023,036 ML||446,346 ML||44%|
Water trade restrictions | 10 July 2020
- NSW to Vic is open with 195.70GL of net trade currently allowed from NSW to Vic.
- Goulburn out trade is closed to temp trade with the Murray, with a current limit of -31.42GL.
- Goulburn in trade is open with 34.90GL capacity, as there is still volume owed to the Murray system.
- Murray to Murrumbidgee is open with capacity for 99.2GL to be transferred into the Murrumbidgee.
- Murrumbidgee to Murray is closed with 0GL capacity for transfer into the Murray.
- Barmah Choke is closed with a current balance of 0ML available to be traded downstream.
- Lower Darling River is closed to temp trade with the Murray.
Climate and Water outlook
The Bureau of Meteorology outlook for July to September predicts wetter than average conditions for parts of central Australia, extending from the central-west of Western Australia to central New South Wales and parts of the Queensland coast. A neutral to drier outlook elsewhere. Days and nights are very likely to be warmer than average across much of the country. Although the El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) is currently neutral, the outlook has been raised to La Niña WATCH, with higher chances of this developing in spring. Watch the BOM video.